Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sheer Skirt Take 2


I really enjoyed getting your comments & suggestions from my last post!  I liked Carolyn's idea about adding darts & a zipper....so I made a second skirt & this is a better fit. 





I only ran into troubles with my darts, I had to use my seam ripper & start again. 


So now I have 2 skirts in this pink striped organza material for my show! 


I plan on making a dress with the rest.  Mini-me is having a hard time with this though......she has an attachment to this material as it has been around since she was very little & she used to play with this fabric & then put it back for next time!  She did not want me to cut the fabric for the skirts......I think I will make her a little skirt after I make a dress and save some for her memories.
This is the inspiration for the dress.......and I mean inspiration....I would have a hard time to match the stripes in the front skirt part!!


The Princess loves this Betsey Johnson dress....I would use the fabric as an overlay....



btw....I am wearing white shorts with my skirt.....I will make a short lining for one & white jersey shorts for the other.







6 comments:

Posh said...

Stopping by from the Wednesday hop to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/05/happy-wednesday-7.html

SewinDiva said...

looking through your photo album i just love your items you have made. Did you design them yourself?

Carolyn said...

Yes, that does look fantastic! And I just loved your inspiration photo... stunning. Matching up those stripes does look kind of tricky!

Marusya V said...

You have done really well with that skirt! Love the color - it suits you and the sheer fabrics trend is one of the most recent!
I used to make my own clothes too :) until I broke my sawing machine :...(
xoxo
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com
p.s. Keep in touch! Hope I'll get back to sawing again - so we could swap ideas ;)

Rosy said...

Lovely! Sooo sweet! That skirt is so smart as you and your own style.

Tany said...

Love your 2nd version and a dress would be lovely too (for both you and mini-you!)