Sunday, March 24, 2013

A twisted mess


the good.....


the bad....front twisted mess


and the ugly....serge neckline seams.


I knew my pattern sewing streak had to end & it did with this McCalls's 6704 view D, dress
that I made.  I used silver silk for the dress & tangerine chiffon for the overlay.
My shoes were the inspiration for this dress!


The chiffon was difficult to work with & I ended up serging it to make it resemble the 
pattern.


I do like this flowy overlay but matching up the seams did not quite work so I am thinking
I cut the chiffon off grain? or maybe backwards?


so I will try this pattern again but I will cut a size 10 next time as this pattern ran large.

Sew you later!

~DeniseAngela

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your inspiring shoes and the dress is beatiful, you look absolutely stunning.

Sewingadicta said...

I am sure that the next time you get your purpose with this pattern, it's very nice, love the color and I'm dying for your shoes ...