Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Fabulousness..on trend....my sheer stripe skirt madness...



I was emailed this other day by Janlynn-sewmore my sewing blogger friend that had saw this stripe sheer skirt in Canada's Fashion Magazine.  She thought I had made it as it looks very similar to my Sheer Skirt that I designed in April 2011!  Being the OCD freak that I am, I had to run out & buy a copy.


It is in the current September 2011 Trend issue.......mmmmmmn from Montreal to Vancouver..........you say?


I actually made 2 styles of these stripe sheer skirts......blogged here with a mini tutorial & with a zipper blogged here


When I designed this sheer maxi skirt........ I had this gorgeous fabric for years waiting around to be made into something....edgy & modern....& I had not seen anything like it with the bold ribbon stripes & chiffon sheerness. 


At the time I was on a sheer madness skirt making frenzy & made several others in different fabrics so it's kinda cool to be on trend!


~ wishing you a weekend of fabulousness ~




3 comments:

Sewingadicta said...

What a funny coincidence! This indicates that you "move" ahead of the fashion ... Interesting!

magdamagda said...

I have to agree with Rosy! looks good in black too:)

Jan said...

Thanks for the mention. You have an eye for the trends! Keep sewing.