Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Fabulousness.....Mini maxi skirt


I had this lavender lace & did not quite know what to make with it.  I have been making quite a few of maxi skirts & dresses & after some thought I decided on a mini maxi skirt.....I am pretty sure someone else has thought of this...... although I could not find the name on Google.....if you know of another name for it let me know......for now I call it a mini maxi skirt.


Once I decided on a skirt........ the inspiration for the style came from my Nanny's ring........as I remember her wearing this ring & she loved lace too.


I cut & measured myself for 3 rectangle pieces...............


I made a simple gathered waist of elastic......hem the sides....a really simple lace skirt.


You have to use your imagination & picture this skirt worn on a beach (not on a car lift in my husbands garage) which is where I will be wearing it in a couple of weeks on my vacation.......


~ wishing you a weekend of fabulousness ~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Coco!
In Spain we call them "faldas asimétricas" = Asymmetrical Skirts.

I love the color.

Katie said...

This is so cute! I love the purple!

I would love if you would come share with my week long link party at The Crafty Blog Stalker! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-stalking-thursday-4.html

LakshmiRP said...

lovely lace. i had a similar one in black!

Adithi's Amma from Adithi's Amma Sews

Jan said...

Another trend setting skirt! Looks great on you. I love the ring.
Have a great vacation.

Anna Christina said...

Wish I had legs like yours to wear a skirt like that. You look adorable!

Sewingadicta said...

Delicious .. What a beautiful skirt you got this delicate lace! Love the color! You know that lavender is my favorite color ... And, of course, you can take pictures of my post for what you need, I'm delighted with that and it's a great honor for me ...

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...absolutely fabulous!!! Love the color, lace and design so beautiful.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Tany said...

I belive it's a trend, "uneven hems", and you managed to make a very stylish skirt!