Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Drape Dress


This is a halter dress I designed from a inexpensive knit fashion fabric that I got a while back.  I liked the fabric at the store but when I got home the pattern looked a little too busy for me.....like all over the place.  I thought I could use the fabric for my toiles but this is really a stretch fabric so I started to drape, measure & pin the fabric & this is what I got.  I used my serger and my sewing machine for the back halter seam & side seams.  I made a little bustle at the back skirt part because the skirt looked rather plain in style on its own.


The front is a cowl style & fits rather comfortably.  I have been wearing this around the house & think it will be perfect when we go on vacation as I can roll this up in a small suitcase for travel.

Sew you later!

7 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I can not sew and admire those that do! What a great way to express yourself- lovely dress!

Cennetta said...

Very cute. The fabric certainly works for this dress.

Sewasis said...

The back is so gorgeous!

Marjory Skousen said...

You look MARVELOUS! Great outfit.

lifeisamaze said...

Lovely dress, I like the print and the form :)

Anula said...

Gorgeous outfit! Amazing dress!! You look fab!!
If you want we can follow each other! Have a magic day!!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

OOOH LOVE IT!