I finished sewing my dress that I made out of Italian Silk....finally! It is true what most seamstresses say about sewing with silk, it is a difficult material to work with. This was one of the hardest projects for me to sew even with the easiest pattern. I chose a New Look easy pattern because of the style.
So details...the bad....the hem was the most difficult part me....I am going to unpick this & try again. The material kept slipping as I was sewing even though I was sewing so slow. Sewing around the sleeves also gave me a little trouble.
The good.....the zipper went in smoothly, but that was because remember.... I sewed a muslin for this dress! Thanks Vintage Sew Along 2011 for advising to always make a muslin first! O.K so it is not perfect but no problems!
I sewed another waist tie as the blush chiffon seemed to blend into the dress.
I like this tangerine one better and was really the style I was going for. So silk dress is done...I have sewn with dupioni silk many times & never had issues like I had with this silk. I do love the feel of this dress and the drape. I will be using this fabric again but to maybe sew a top..... to gain more experience.
Hope you have a Fabulous weekend!